Running every Thursday in the Market Hall, Borough Market’s Demonstration Kitchen residencies focus on a particular theme each month. This month: Summer fruits
Chef, food writer and broadcaster, Roopa Gulati joins us throughout the month of June for a residency celebrating some of the best fruit available at this time of year.
Proving that these fruits can be enjoyed just as much cooked as they can be in their raw form, in sweet dishes as much as in savoury ones, Roopa’s demo is certain to be full of flavour.
Find more details on Roopa's menus below. Demo kitchens are free to attend with tasters, cooking tips and recipe cards to take home.
Thursday 7th June - 1-2.30pm
- Baked hake, red peppers, mango and lime dressing
- Mango chutney, spinach and garlic raita, poppadums
- Mango, white chocolate and cardamom pots
- Mango and red chilli sorbet, cumin shortbread
Thursday 14th June - 1-2.30pm
- Duck breast, cherry and star anise sauce
- Labneh ball and cherry salad
- Cherry and pistachio clafoutis
- Mixed cherry galette
Thursday 21st June - 1-2.30pm
- Mackerel, red gooseberry sauce
- Warm pork salad, sweet and sour gooseberry and mustard seed dressing
- Gooseberry and ginger fool, coconut streusel
- Gooseberry and almond muffins, elderflower cream
Thursday 28th June - 1-2.30pm
- Kid meatballs, blackcurrant and mint glaze
- Red currant relish, goat’s cheese crostini
- Summer pudding
- Rose meringues, redcurrant and passion fruit coulis