The Sustainable Restaurant Association work with chefs, restaurants and diners to improve practices in the food industry - from where ingredients come from to how staff are nurtured to the environmental impact of workspaces.
A recipient of their Food Made Good award was Edinburgh’s Café St Honoré, the Head Chef of which will be joining us cooking a menu that reflects the ethos of the SRA. Neil Forbes's menu will include:
- Pigeon breast with kale brose
- Fillets of mackerel, carrot and onion escabeche
- Pheasant breast, chestnuts, sprouts, orange, bacon and thyme
- Baked British apple with dried fruit and spices, and custard
- Keen's cheddar baked bussels with apple, cider, cream, mustard and thyme
Demos take place every Thursday and Friday from 1pm-2.30pm in the Market Hall. The Demo Kitchen is free to attend with recipes, tips, tricks and tasters to take away with you.