On Wednesday 12th December, Borough Market will be holding its annual late night shopping opportunity ‘An Evening of Cheese’. Chef Paula McIntyre will be ready to inspire you with a festive cheese-based cooking demonstration.
Our popular event will see cheese stalls spread across the Green Market area with experts on hand to offer recommendations for those looking to create a unique festive cheeseboard, advice on drinks pairings and delicious cheese recipes. In the Market Hall’s Demo Kitchen, Paula will be elaborating on this.
Her 1st demo will be at 6.30pm, focusing on complimentary partners for cheese. Her menu will include:
- Grilled Corleggy with honey jelly, spice salted walnuts (Food From Forest walnuts)
- Cashel Blue cheese, treacle soda farl, apple butter, pickled apple
- Quicke’s cheddar with brown butter date dressing, pickled celery
- Shaved Parmesan on grilled pumpkin, hazelnut picada
Paula's 2nd demo will be at 7.30pm, showing you how to use up any cheeseboard leftovers. Her menu will include:
- Roast onion and leek galette
- Arancini filled with cheese, grilled tomato and tarragon dip
- Cheese soup with cider and onion with gougeres
- Cashel Blue cheese dip with parmesan crisps and hot buttered radish
The Demo Kitchen is free to attend with recipes, tips, tricks and tasters to take away with you.